Special Assistance before Christmas
Icelandic Church Aid provides assistance to low income families before Christmas so that they may experience joyful times during the holidays. Debit cards for use in grocery stores are issued at the latest on December 19. Parents in need are also invited to apply for clothing and presents for their children.
Application deadline is December 8, 2017
- Families with children, living in Reykjavík, can apply for assistance before Christmas at the Icelandic Church Aid office at Háaleitisbraut 66, lower floor. Application days are: December 4, 5, and 6 between 11 AM and 2 PM. Remember to bring documents as proof of income and expenses (mortgage payments, rent, nursery school, heat, electricity, etc).
- Families already in posession of grocery stores debit cards from ICA can apply online at www.help.is.
- Outside Reykjavik (see neighbouring communities below) families and individuals alike can approach the pastor of the local parish or town. Application deadline is December 8.
- We refer individuals in Hafnarfjörður to Mæðrastyrksnefnd in Hafnarfjörður. Application dates there are November 20 and 21 between 4 and 6 PM.
- In Kópavogur families and individuals can apply at Mæðrastyrksnefnd in Kópavogur on November 28 and December 5, between 3 and 6 PM.
- In Reykjanesbær individuals and families alike can apply at the Keflavikurkirkja church on November 28 and 30 and December 5, 6 and 12 between 9 and 12 AM.
- In Akureyri and surrounding area, please call 570 4090 from November 23 to December 1, between 10 – 12 AM for information.
- In Selfoss, families and individuals can apply on November 28 and 29, between 10 AM and 2 PM and on December 4 between 4 and 6 PM at Selið, Engjavegur, Selfoss and or approach the postor of the local parish before December 8.